Junior researcher position in paraconsistent logic
Emerging Field: Logic and Philosophy of Science,
Department of Logic, Nicolaus Copernicus University (NCU) in Toruń, Poland
Department of Logic of NCU in Toruń and Emerging Field: “Logic and Philosophy of Science” invite beginning researchers to apply for a junior researcher position in paraconsistent logic. Next to the general studying of logic and philosophy, the aim is to focus on some aspects of non-classical logic, particularly paraconsistency, with the
emphasis on the Polish approach to it (https://apcz.umk.pl/czasopisma/index.php/LLP/article/view/LLP.2001.004/0).
The expected result is the preparation of papers on non-classical logic. The work includes, among others, seminars, discussions, research, and also practice in preparing drafts of papers. The person hired for the position will be recommended for a PhD student position in philosophy in Doctoral School of Humanities, Theology and Arts (Academia Artium Humaniorum) in 2021/2022 with the research project based on Polish approach to paraconsistent logic.
Experience and requirements
Candidates are required to have (for the full list of required documents, please see below):
- a master’s degree in philosophy or mathematics (or to be close to obtaining it),
- ability to work in a team and social competence,
- at least one publication in English published in journal devoted to logic, philosophy or mathematics.
The offer includes
- practice in writing scientific texts,
- co-authorship of publications submitted to the highly rated journals,
- co-authorship of papers presented at international conferences,
- financed cooperation,
- a chance of obtaining additional funds for the implementation of individual tasks connected with publishing activity,
- a PhD student position in philosophy in Doctoral School of Humanities, Theology and Arts,
- after obtaining a PhD student position, a scholarship for doctoral students at Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń.
The deadline is the 10th of July.
If you are interested, please send your application to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
Please attach the following documents to your application:
- Motivation letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Opinion of the supervisor of the master’s thesis or another academic employee of the unit in which the thesis was/is prepared on the value of the candidate’s master’s thesis.
- Achievements and qualifications of the candidate:
- Scientific publications: a list of all publications of the candidate and copies of up to three selected publications/papers to be included in the assessment
- Qualifications and activity in the field of science:
- participation as a lecturer in conferences, scientific projects (indicate the three most important ones),
- organizational work for scientific projects, involvement in editorial offices of scientific publications, activity in the work of student research clubs (indicate the three most important achievements),
- external scholarships and awards (maximum three), – other qualifications important for the implementation of the