Emerging Field: Logic and Philosophy of Science,
Department of Logic, Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń,
Toruń Logic Group invites beginning researchers to take part in the project financed by Emerging Field: Logic and Philosophy of Science (www.umk.pl/en/research-uni/emerging-fields/humanities/).
The aim of the project is research on applications of relating logic and semantics (more details on relating logic and semantics at: https://www.filozofia.umk.pl/katedra-logiki/konferencje/call-na-workshop-on-relating-logic/ ) to the following areas:
- epistemic logic
- causal logic
- deontic logic.
Role of young researcher:
The aim of participations in the project is to work on those areas under supervision of experienced researcher, which includes, among others, discussions, research, and preparation of drafts of papers.
- online, financed cooperation for at least one year
- co-authorship of publications submitted to the highly rated journals
- co-authorship of papers presented at international conferences
- practice in writing scientific texts
- payment for the implementation of individual tasks
- possibility of scholarship for doctoral studies at Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń after one year of good-cooperation
- possibility of scholarship for a research visit at NCU in Toruń, after the pandemic ends.
Conditions and deadline:
Candidates should have a master’s degree or be close to obtaining a master’s degree. If you are interested, please send your application to the following e-mail address:
The deadline is: 05th, April
- description of academic achievements and scientific interests
- motivation letter
- recommendation letter (not necessary, but welcome).